How to get the hourglass figure With Photos
The hourglass figure is considered the "perfect" body shape that many women desire, admired by both men and researchers for its appeal and health benefits. Celebrities like Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, and Jessica Alba are often associated with this curvaceous silhouette.
Centuries ago, women used the hourglass corset to shape their waists and achieve the coveted hourglass figure. Today, having an hourglass figure means having a well-defined waist, with the bust and hips being approximately equal or hips being wider.
A woman with a low waist-to-hip ratio is said to have an hourglass figure, while a high ratio indicates a straighter figure.
What Does an Hourglass Figure Mean?
In an hourglass body shape, the bust and hips have similar measurements, and they are wider than the waist, which is narrower, creating a curvy and well-defined silhouette.
The name "hourglass" is given to this figure because it resembles the shape of an actual hourglass used to measure time. It is characterized by particular body measurements, primarily focusing on the bust, waist, and hip circumference.
To be considered an hourglass figure, the bust, and hip measurements are generally around 36 inches, while the waist measures around 24 inches. These specific measurements are often considered the ideal standard, though variations exist in real-life individuals.
Characteristics of an Hourglass Figure:
- Bust and Hips of Similar Width: The bust and hip measurements are approximately equal, creating a balanced and curvy appearance.
- Narrow Waist: The waist is noticeably narrower than the bust and hips, emphasizing the curves of the body.
- Curved and Rounded Body: The hips and bottom are typically rounded, adding to the hourglass shape's curviness.
- Slightly Round Shoulders: The shoulders may have a gentle curve, contributing to the overall balanced look.
- Defined Waistline: The waist is well-defined, creating a clear separation between the upper and lower parts of the body.
- Bigger Thighs: Women with an hourglass figure often have fuller thighs, which add to the curvaceous appeal.
- Even Weight Distribution: Weight gain tends to be evenly distributed throughout the body, maintaining the hourglass proportions.
Why the Hourglass Figure is Important for Women
The hourglass figure's appeal has multiple aspects, supported by scientific studies:
Men are naturally drawn to women with hourglass figures due to evolutionary instincts. The curvy hips of an hourglass shape are associated with good genetics, health, and fertility. It's believed that this figure suggests the ability to bear more children, making these women more desirable to men. Studies have highlighted a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.7 as the most attractive.
Health and Intelligence:
Studies involving the Universities of Pittsburg and California found that women with hourglass figures (low waist-to-hip ratio) tend to be more intelligent and give birth to children with better cognitive development. The fat deposits in their hips and thighs contain essential Omega-3 fatty acids, promoting early brain growth. Additionally, women with narrow waists have a reduced risk of metabolic disorders, while wide hips are linked to fertility and easier childbirth.
Fashionable and Stylish:
The fashion industry widely embraces the hourglass figure. Many designers create clothing to accentuate and complement this body shape. As a result, women with hourglass figures have numerous stylish options to choose from, enhancing their overall appearance.
Cross-Cultural Beauty: Research by Dr. Devendra Singh revealed that men from diverse cultures find hourglass figures universally attractive. This finding suggests that the hourglass shape is considered a standard of beauty across different societies.
Boost in Confidence:
Women with hourglass figures often receive more attention and admiration due to their feminine and curvy appearance. This increased positive attention can boost their self-confidence, leading to a happier and more confident outlook on life.
The hourglass figure's attractiveness is deeply rooted in evolutionary preferences, recognized across various cultures as a standard of beauty, and supported by health and intelligence benefits. Additionally, its popularity in the fashion industry and its positive impact on confidence contribute to its enduring appeal.
DO I HAVE AN HOURGLASS FIGURE?
If your hips and bust are almost equal in size, and you have a well-defined waist that is narrower than both, you could possibly have an hourglass figure. Your shoulders may be slightly rounded, and you likely have a rounded buttocks. The hourglass shape is characterized by a proportionate upper body and legs.
If your bust measurements are slightly larger than your hips, you have a top hourglass shape. Boot cut or slightly flared pants and A-line skirts may fit you well, along with tailored jackets.
On the other hand, if your hip measurements are slightly larger than your bust, you have a Bottom hourglass shape. Form-fitting knits and dresses are probably recommended for your body type.
As an hourglass-shaped woman, you are blessed with beautiful curves. Your legs are curvy and shapely, and your bust is shapely and full. Your bottom may appear flatter from the back, but from the front, it looks very full. Your musculature tends to be naturally soft and rounded, and when you gain weight, it shows up evenly in your body, especially in the bust, hips, seat, and thighs.
How to get the hourglass figure?
Getting an hourglass figure is achievable through two approaches:
1. Waist Training: Waist training involves wearing a waist trainer regularly, either at home or during exercise sessions. The waist trainer is designed to cinch your waist and provide compression, which can help you reduce inches from your waistline over time. By consistently using a waist trainer, you can work towards achieving the desired hourglass shape.
2. Exercise: Engaging in specific exercises can also help you achieve an hourglass figure. Focusing on targeted workouts for your waist, hips, and buttocks can help tone and shape these areas, enhancing your natural curves. Consistency and dedication to your exercise routine are essential for seeing results.
Recommended Waist Trainers:
In the market, you can find several types of waist trainers. Here are some of the best and most popular types:
- Corset Waist Trainers: These are the traditional and classic waist trainers that have been used for centuries. Corsets are made of rigid materials like steel boning and are laced tightly to cinch the waist and create an hourglass shape.
- PVC Waist Trainers: These waist trainers are made of PVC material and often have adjustable hook-and-eye closures. They are flexible and provide compression to the waist area, helping to reduce inches over time.
- Mens Vest Waist Trainers: Vest-style waist trainers cover the entire midsection, including the back and bust area. They provide additional support to the upper body and can be more comfortable for some individuals.
- Zipper Waist Trainers: These waist trainers come with a zipper closure, making them easy to put on and take off. They offer adjustable compression and support to the waist.
- Cincher Belts: Cincher belts are usually made of elastic material and can be wrapped around the waist to provide compression and support during workouts.
When choosing a waist trainer, it's essential to consider factors like size, material, comfort, and intended use. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for wearing and caring for the waist trainer to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Hourglass figure workout:
To achieve an hourglass figure, it's essential to incorporate targeted exercises that focus on waist-cinching, hip-lifting, and buttock-enhancing. Here are some highly effective exercises with examples for each category:
1. Waist Cinching Exercises:
Side Bends: Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell in one hand and gently lower it towards the side of your knee while ensuring a straight back. Slowly return to the starting position and perform the same movement on the other side.
Torso Twists: Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat. Hold a dumbbell or a medicine ball with both hands and twist your torso to one side while keeping your hips stable. Gradually rotate to the other side and repeat the motion.
Hip Thrusts: Position yourself on the floor with your back against a stable bench and your knees bent. Place a barbell or a weight plate across your hips. Elevate your hips by thrusting upward and squeezing your glutes at the top then lower your hips back down.
Glute Bridges: To perform Glute Bridges, assume a supine position with your knees flexed at approximately 90 degrees and your feet flat on the floor. Elevate your hips to create a sagittal alignment from the acromion process to the knee joint. Emphasize the activation of the gluteus maximus during the isometric hold, and subsequently, perform hip extension by lowering your hips back to the floor.
Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Initiate the movement by sitting back as if you're lowering into a chair. Keep your chest upright and ensure your knees are aligned with your toes. Push hard through those heels and get right back to where you started.
Deadlifts: For Deadlifts, adopt a sturdy stance with your feet positioned at hip-width apart. The barbell should be placed in front of you, ready for action. Lift the barbell by extending your hips and standing tall, then lower it down with controlled movement.
Remember to start with a warm-up before performing any exercise and cool down afterward. Perform these exercises regularly, at least 3-4 times a week, and combine them with a balanced diet to see the best results in achieving your hourglass figure.
Best Solution: Combination of Waist Trainer and Exercise:
The most effective way to achieve an hourglass figure is by combining waist training with targeted exercises. Wearing a waist trainer during workouts can help intensify the effects of exercise by increasing sweat and compression in the waist area. Additionally, consistent waist training combined with regular waist-cinching, hip-lifting, and buttock-enhancing exercises will yield the best results.
Focus on being healthy and confident in your body, and embrace the progress you make on your journey towards your desired figure.
Final Words: How to get an hourglass figure
Combine waist training with targeted exercises for an hourglass figure. Wearing a waist trainer during workouts boosts results. Stay consistent with waist training and exercises, be patient, and consult a healthcare professional if needed. Embrace your journey to a healthy and confident body shape.
Remember, every body shape is beautiful, and the hourglass figure is just one of many types of natural beauty. Embrace and appreciate your body shape and love yourself just the way you are!